- All non-layout tables on this site have a caption, a summary, and properly scoped header cells, to allow screen readers to render them intelligently.
- Unless within a data grid, link text is never duplicated. Two links with the same link text always point to the same address.
- There are no links that leave the Commonwealth's Web domain without a warning to the user that permits the user to continue or return to the JobGateway® portal.
- Common navigation elements are located at the same place on every page. These include quick links to Help, Logout (when logged in), and the Dashboard as well as other global items.The reading order of key structural elements is maintained uniformly throughout the site. The reading order of key structural elements is maintained uniformly throughout the site.
- A "Skip to Main Content" link is provided for users of screen readers. If you are using a screen reader you will be presented with the navigation links first, followed by the header information, then the main page content followed by the page footer information. The Skip to Main Content link is not visible to sighted users.
- Every page has a unique, distinguishing title that is displayed in the browser title bar and at the top of the page. This is also represented as the first level header on the page.
- Pertinent identification information, such as the name of the current logged in user is displayed at a designated location near the top of the page.
- Consistent labels and naming conventions are provided throughout the system.
- Links to this Accessibility Statement, the Contact Us page and other common resources are located in the footer of every page.