Job ID: 107805
This position is responsible for all aspects of ensuring quality in Growing Media and Mulch products. Conduct tests to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products. This work is conducted under direction of the Production Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Test and inspect all raw materials and finished goods
* Alert the manager to correct, any deviations in these processes or materials from the requirements.
* Periodically weigh bag samples to ensure quality product
* Record data accurately and completely in QC log
* Evaluate data for deviations or trends away from accepted standards, using statistical methods when necessary.
* Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations, recommend corrective actions and investigate and resolve any customer grievances
* Adaptability to change, overcome resistance and objections
Education / Experience / Requirements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English - Bilingual a plus
* Strong organizational skills - attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
* Experience with lab and testing procedures
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Frequent walking, climbing stairs, bending, standing, lifting, extending arms, etc.
* Be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted
* Able to work in dusty, noisy, small areas, hot and cold environments
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lawn and Garden is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO