In accordance with established policies and procedures fixes clean garments which are hung through a semi-manual sorting conveyor to be prepared for specific customer routes on a daily basis and sent back to the mender whose work station is at the end of the 1st sort area.
- Picks garments which are hung from a conveyor line and takes them and repairs them using several light industrial machines which include sewing, heat sealing, hemmers, and button setting equipment, others. These garments can be shirts, pants, coveralls, meat coats, medical gowns, scrubs, jackets which are all on individual hangers.
- Monitors the quality of the garments that are coming to them that is unsuitable to be used for the customers, these are then properly marked for RSR to address with their customers.
- Keeps accurate record of all garments processed during the span of the day for production performance purposes.
- Able to scan garments and either tub or cage these.
- Ability to follow oral instructions
- Able to place hangers with garments ranging from 5 to 10 at a time on to a railing system.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Must be able to adhere to a strict production standard set up for each task
- Must be able to lift 8 pounds
- Must be able to see and identify numbers on garments
"Aramark is a federal contractor and requests priority referrals of protected veterans"
Aramark is an EQUAL OPPURTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. FRAUD ALERT: Aramark will never ask an applicant to supply his or her social security number electronically or via email to apply for a job with Aramark\
Applications will be taken at the office on 424 Blair Ave, Reading, Pa 19601 Wednesday's from 9 am - 11 am and Thursday's from 1 pm - 3 pm.