Job ID: 108085
This position will operate a forklift and front-end loader in a rugged outdoor, unpaved environment. Operators will use loaders to move bulk material throughout a manufacturing facility, while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements.
* Observes equipment operation to detect machine malfunction.
* Performs routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning.
* Inspect and complete equipment report daily.
* Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment.
Requirements / Education / Experience
* 2 years’ experience using heavy equipment/front end loader
* High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* Able to sit for extended periods in operation of equipment on varying surfaces (paved, dirt, multilevel)
* Able to climb up & down from cab heights with ease multiple times per hour.
* Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision.
* Must be able to work affectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lawn and Garden is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO